For a better experience please change your browser to CHROME, FIREFOX, OPERA or Internet Explorer.

Watch Bodycam Footage Of Proprietor Of Funeral Escort Firm Arguing With A Driver Throughout A Funeral Escort

The wrap

Parler comes back online – and temporarily blocks the dismissed ex-CEO John Matze

Parler temporarily blocked its co-founder and former CEO on Friday before a reporter requested and then regained access to move confirmation with the social media company, BuzzFeed News reported. John Matze told the website that he believes his account has been banned after posting multiple posts and comments on the platform earlier this week that are positioned as a so-called safe haven of free speech for those affected by the moderation guidelines are disappointed with Twitter and Facebook. Matze shared screenshots showing that his Parler account was made “private” after asking his 722,000 followers about the company’s “fair market value”. When a BuzzFeed reporter attempted to post a message to their account, the report said it was “blocked”. Also read: Parler CEO John Matze dismissed from the board of directors “I know it’s a ban because I know how the architecture works,” said Matze via text to BuzzFeed. “I can no longer log in.” Parler then unlocked the account after BuzzFeed contacted a company spokesperson and took a screenshot of BuzzFeed, according to Matze. Parler resumed operations this week, a month after Amazon shut down its web hosting services, taking Parler offline, and kicking both Apple and Google Parler out of their app stores. All three companies made their decisions after concluding that the app was being used by some Trump supporters to plan the January 6 attack on the U.S. Capitol. Also Read: Tech Talk With Sean Burch and Alex Kantrowitz: Should Clubhouses Meteoric Rise Scare Twitter and Spotify? Matze, 27, was fired from the company’s board earlier this month. Matze told the New York Times that he did not give a reason for his resignation, but one possible explanation is that he will approach the company’s recent troubles differently than Rebekah Mercer, the Republican political donor who has sponsored Parler. Matze said he was ready to crack down on QAnon supporters, white supremacists and domestic terrorists if that meant getting the app back online and in the two major app stores. “I got total silence in response, and I took that dead silence as a disagreement,” said Matze. In response to Matze, Parler said his account of the story was “inaccurate and misleading”. Also Read: Facebook, Google Targets of Proposed US Bargaining Power Limit With Smaller News Agencies According to a press release on Monday announcing the company would go back online, Parler has now been “built on sustainable, independent technology and.” does not rely on so-called technology ‘big tech’ for its operations. “Parler also said in his announcement on Monday that the company is currently looking for a permanent CEO to replace Matze. Sean Burch contributed to this report. Read the original story. Parler comes back online – briefly blocking the sacked ex- CEO John Matze at TheWrap

Top