The northern San Luis Obispo County man, arrested nearly five years ago and charged with dozens of child sex crimes, was found guilty of 58 of the charges against him on Wednesday.
Jason Porter waived the right to a jury trial, so San Luis Obispo District Supreme Court Justice Barry T. LaBarbera made the final decision.
Porter was found not guilty on only one point, which the judge attributed to lack of evidence.
Several other charges were dismissed.
The sentencing is scheduled for June 28th. He is faced with life behind bars.
Porter, who was being held on $ 7 million bail, was ordered to return to jail without bail.
The now 49-year-old was arrested for the first time in June 2016 for possession of child pornography and indecent acts with a child under the age of 14.
This investigation resulted in a search warrant issued at his home, where dozens of electronic devices and cameras were confiscated.
Police said thousands of pictures and videos of suspected child pornography were discovered, including some that investigators say were made by Porter.
Police added that some pictures showed the suspect “sexually harassing at least nine different teenage girls.”
Porter, from Paso Robles, was arrested again and bailed for $ 7 million. As of April 2017, 59 charges and two amendments had been filed against him.
The crimes occurred between February 2008 and June 2016.
The youngest victim is said to have been one year old, according to the San Luis Obispo District Attorney’s Office.
The trial of Porter started last week.
During Tuesday afternoon’s closing arguments, defense attorneys argued that in at least one case, Porter was simply helping a little girl bathe. Prosecutors countered, saying there was clear evidence of a sexual motive in the video.
While his case has made its way through the court system, Porter has had numerous attorneys and has even represented himself.