For a better experience please change your browser to CHROME, FIREFOX, OPERA or Internet Explorer.

Man awaiting trial for homicide now charged with intercourse abuse of younger woman

A man awaiting a murder trial was arrested for child sexual abuse.

Jason Kevin Henderson, 38, was arrested early Tuesday on two allegations of sexually abusing a child under the age of 12. Henderson was admitted to Jefferson County Jail at 6:48 am and is still on bail for $ 40,000.

Henderson is charged with murder and attempted murder in connection with a shootout in Jefferson County in 2018. Filming took place on September 10, 2018 at 2:20 p.m. on Doss Drive on Shannon-Wenonah Road. Jack Blanks, 62, was killed. Another man was wounded.

According to the authorities, the alleged sexual abuse of the female child occurred in July 2020. The arrest warrants issued in the case were issued on February 8. The charges against Henderson include improper touch, but no further details were released.

At the time of the alleged child sex crimes, Henderson was in custody and under electronic surveillance for the murder and attempted murder in 2018. The public prosecutor’s office is now requesting the revocation of this loan.

In the 2018 shooting, a detective testified that Henderson said the shooting occurred because he was afraid for his cousin and daughter after the victim told him he liked “young girls.”

At an earlier murder hearing, a sheriff detective said he had been called to the scene on Doss Drive in Shannon for a scare away. When he arrived, MPs had arrested Henderson and a woman for questioning, a man was being treated in a hospital for gunshot wounds, and another man was dead in the yard.

Henderson lived in the place where the shooting took place. Police interviewed the woman, surviving victim Henderson, and Henderson’s cousin.

The woman told officers that Henderson owed her $ 20 and a magazine for a gun that had been sold to her boyfriend. She had the surviving victim and blanks, none of those who were her boyfriend drove her to Henderson’s house.

When she got there, she went inside and spoke to Henderson and his cousin. Henderson said he had already given the magazine to one of her family members and that he was waiting for his boss to get the $ 20. She went out of the house and he followed him, took his pup from the yard and went back inside. The woman said Henderson told the three to leave before he went back into the house.

When the woman and two men got into the car, according to the investigators, Henderson came out of the house with an assault rifle, shot blanks twice, and then shot the surviving victim. The woman claimed that Henderson then pointed the gun at her and said, “Don’t make me do this.”

The surviving victim told investigators a similar story. He said the trio went to Henderson’s house and he stayed in the car while Blanks and the woman got out. The surviving victim said he heard Blanks scream, “If you owe her money, just pay her.”

The surviving victim told police he saw Henderson come outside with a rifle and jumped out of the car. He saw Henderson shoot Blanks twice, and then he was shot five times – twice in each leg and once in the stomach. As a result of his injuries, the surviving victim had to have one of his legs amputated.

When Henderson was interviewed by police, he said he knew the woman and the surviving victim because he sometimes worked for them, but he did not know Blanks. Henderson said the woman came in and asked for money, but Henderson said no and showed her out. When they were all out, Henderson said the two men attacked him. Henderson said the fight had continued inside the house and he managed to get his rifle and go back out and shoot the other two men.

Henderson also said that when he went outside to get his pup – fearing someone might steal it – the two men said, “We like young white girls,” and he was afraid for his cousin and daughter.

A trial date for April murder and attempted murder has been set but is expected to be postponed due to COVID-19. A judge ordered Henderson in December to undergo a mental examination after attorneys said his behavior was “unpredictable” and he was depressed.