Former Cuomo aide Boylan particulars alleged intercourse harassment by governor; administration denies it occurred
Sign up for our COVID-19 newsletter to stay up to date on the latest coronavirus news across New York
Lindsey Boylan, a former aide in Governor Andrew Cuomo’s administration, revealed in a medium post on Wednesday details of her allegations that the three-time lawmakers sexually molested her – something officials close to the governor said never did took place.
“We flew his taxpayer-sponsored jet home from an October 2017 event in West New York. He sat across from me, so close our knees almost touched. His spokesman was on my right and a soldier behind us, ”Boylan wrote on Medium. “Governor Andrew Cuomo has created a culture within its administration in which sexual harassment and bullying are so widespread that they are not only tolerated but also expected. His inappropriate behavior towards women was an affirmation that he liked you, that you have to do something right. He used intimidation to silence his critics. And if you dared to speak up, you would face consequences. “
Boylan, who ran for Congress last year and is now running for President of Manhattan District, said she panicked the morning she made her initial allegations in a series of tweets on December 13.
She said Cuomo made comments on her demeanor while serving in his administration as chief of staff for Empire State Development. At the time, Boylan refused to speak to the media to clarify the allegations, which Cuomo himself said were not true.
Governor Caitlin Girouad’s press secretary told the press on Wednesday afternoon: “As we said earlier, Ms. Boylan’s allegations of inappropriate behavior are simply false.”
In addition, four other attachés said an explicit conversation from October 2017 never took place, the administration claims.
Political Director John Maggiore, Howard Zemsky, President of Empire State Development, Press Secretary Dani Lever, and First Deputy Secretary of Protection Services Abbey Fashouer Collins were on the flight manifesto allegedly proposed by Cuomo on October 4th and 6th of that year had strip poker with Boylan.
According to Cuomo’s office, all four spoke out against the allegations in a simple joint statement: “We were on each of these October flights and this conversation did not take place.”
Cuomo, who gained popularity nationwide last year for his treatment of the COVID-19 pandemic, is now controversial as he seeks a fourth term in 2022.
Last month, Attorney General Letitia James released a report that found the Cuomo government undercounted the number of COVID-19 deaths in New York nursing homes.
Two weeks ago it was reported that the governor’s secretary Melissa DeRosa had told state lawmakers that the government had delayed disclosing death dates for nursing homes while complying with a request from the federal Justice Department – other lawmakers on both sides of the aisle .
On February 15, Cuomo admitted that the delay created a “void” in the narrative that was then exploited by political opponents and conspiracy theorists. He later vowed to be more aggressive in pulling out what he considered to be misinformation.
Then, on February 17, during a conference call with reporters, Cuomo came across Ron Kim, the Queens Congregation MP, who had criticized Cuomo over the controversy over the death dates at the nursing home. Since then, Kim has spoken to numerous media outlets, including the New York Metro, about an angry call he received from the governor in the middle of Imbroglio.
The episode sparked further allegations, including from Mayor Bill de Blasio, that the governor was bullying others in the New York government.