Atlas 10F Lathe with original cast iron leg and wood stand. Believe the unit is the TH54 screw cutting model. Motor looks to be original Atlas 1/2hp. I replaced the headstock bearings about 4 months ago and rewired between the motor, remote fwd/rev switch and wall outlet. Unit is complete and in great shape for a ~70 year old machine. Selling as I’ve upgraded lathes and need to make room in the garage. What you see in the photos is what’s included (lamp is not included. QC Gear box is separate but could be packaged together, see below) and the main items are:
– 4 jaw chuck
– Steady rest
– Set of change gears
– Quick change tool post with 4 tool holders, boring bar holder, cutoff holder and two knurling tools
– Various tool rests and centers for wood turning (see photos). These are not original Atlas items and came with the lathe when I bought it.
– Mounting plate which has a sanding plate on for wood turning / sanding
– Three draw bars of some sort. Not sure if these are original and I haven’t used them.
– Other sanding attachments (see box in pictures)
Asking $1550 for the above items.
Also for sale and separate from above is an Atlas 10F Quick Change Gear box and covers. I purchased these items with the intent to clean them up and install them on the lathe but didn’t get around to it. I did purchase and install new reverse tumbler gears for the reverse lever (see photo with the old gears loose in photo). The covers are sandblasted and ready for painting. Asking $620 for the QC Gear box and covers.
If you want both items, I could package it together for $1700
If the ad is up then it is still for sale – no need to ask. The unit is in my very small garage, but I could accommodate social distancing if you want to have a look. I would push my project truck out of the way and keep my distance why you had a look at the unit.